Friday, November 7, 2008

Cool Tools Episode 18 Screencast: Google Docs

Google Docs is an application that allows you to create documents (text, spreadsheets, or presentations) on a shared server location and then collaborate with others to edit them in real time. This screencast demonstrates how to use the history option to revert to an earlier version of the file (in this case, a spreadsheet file). It also talks about using chat when two people are editing the file. There is also an episode 18 podcast for Google Docs that discusses more features. The link for more information about Google Docs is at: Google Docs


5 comments:

Jeffra Diane said...

David, I like your use of arrows and zooming. I was not able to do this in Jing. Hopefully, I will be able to find a way to do it for my Cool Tool screencast.

Troy Malone said...

Very cool. We are scoping out an integration with Google Docs right now. I am excited about combining GD with our group collaboration solution Pelotonics.

Wish us luck! I hope the API is robust.

Troy Malone
Pelotonics

Aloha Record said...

Great presentation, David. I wasn't aware of that revision history feature - so thanks for pointing that out!

JenBerube said...

Great screencast David. Good overall coverage of one of my favorite tools.

Unknown said...

Hi David,
Great presentation -- clear, calm, and informative. I have been relying on Google docs for many of my collaborative projects in school. It's been a lifesaver. I especially like using the chat feature you pointed out in the spreadsheet files. Libraries can certainly use this tool for collaborative projects.
-Kathy